This pane clears float!
The UW-Platteville Department of Humanities offers a minor in French for students interested in combining a minor in a foreign language with other areas of study for the purpose of enhancing communication skills and career opportunities. Likewise, apart from the intellectual development that results from the study of the French language and francophone culture, students may also find professional employment in many different areas, including international business, marketing, civil service, and teaching.
The minor requires a total of 24 credits with a minimum of eight credits selected from courses numbered 3000 or higher. Students who minor in French must have a grade point average of no lower than a 2.50 in the French courses they take.
The minor requires a total of 28 credits with a minimum of 12 credits selected from courses numbered 3000 or higher.
TEACHING 4060 Teaching World Languages: Theory and Practice is an additional requirement of the School of Education (credits do not count toward minor). Likewise, students interested in teaching may satisfy the language immersion requirement by enrolling in FRENCH 3000 Foreign Language Travel Abroad Seminar for at least two credits. See the French instructor for details. French minors must have a G.P.A. of no lower than a 2.75 in French courses.
- Non-teaching minors 8 cr of 3000 and above
- Teaching minors 12 cr of 3000 and above
- FRENCH 1040 - Elementary French (or equivalent) - 4 cr
- FRENCH 1140 - Elementary French (or equivalent) - 4 cr
- FRENCH 2040 - Intermediate French (or equivalent) - 4 cr
- FRENCH 2140 - Intermediate French (or equivalent) - 4 cr
FRENCH 3000 - Foreign Language Travel Abroad Seminar - 1-4 cr
(Teaching minors may take at least two credits for purpose of immersion)
- FRENCH 3220 - Advanced French Grammar and Composition - 2 cr
- FRENCH 3240 - Advanced French Conversation - 2 cr
- FRENCH 3530 - Topics in French Literature and Culture - 1-3 cr
- FRENCH 4050 - Supervised Independent Study - 1-4 cr
- FRENCH 4060 - Survey of French Literature and Culture I - 3 cr
- FRENCH 4160 - Survey of French Literature and Culture II - 3 cr
Required School of Education Course:
TEACHING 4060 - Teaching World Languages: Theory and Practice - 3 cr
(credit does not count toward minor)
This pane clears float!