General Catalog Information
This pane clears float!
The UW-Platteville ONLINE catalog represents the most accurate reflection of curricula and policies available up to the time of printing. All students matriculating at the university follow the guidelines and academic requirements espoused by this document, unless they are interrupted by time away from the institution. Students whose attendance is interrupted for at least one semester may be expected to meet the curricular requirements in effect at the time of their return. Students follow the requirements of the catalog in effect at the point of admission. Students transferring from another UW institution follow the guidelines in effect at the point of admission to the UW System. This practice could be affected by a variety of situations, such as collegiate or departmental curricular changes, absence for several semesters or terms and other circumstances. Students must decide to choose between the requirements of one catalog or another; they may not choose to combine catalogs.
Individual departments make announcements concerning changes in degree requirements. Students should remain in contact with their advisors to keep informed about their degree requirements and any possible changes that should occur.
As a reminder, this ONLINE catalog is not a contract, but represents announcements of general information, general academic regulations and the university’s academic programs extent at the date of publication. Questions concerning the ONLINE catalog may be directed to your advisor, departmental offices or the Registrar’s Office.
UW-Platteville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. In compliance with relevant federal and state civil rights legislation, the university does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, handicap, sex, sexual orientation, developmental disability, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest record or conviction record.
Inquiries related to Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action issues may be directed to the Office of Affirmative Action/Personnel.
UW-Platteville is accredited by:
- Foundry Education Foundation
- Higher Learning Commission:
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)/Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- National Association of Industrial Technology
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Wisconsin Department of Public Institution
The following engineering degree programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
Chemistry is accredited by the American Chemical Society.
UW-Platteville is a member of:
- American Council on Education
- American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education
- American Association of University Women
- American Association of Higher Education
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- College Entrance Exam Board
- Council of Higher Education Accreditation
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education
- Fulbright Association
- International Association of University Presidents
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Wisconsin Women in Higher Education Leadership
- Wisconsin Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict
This pane clears float!