Advanced Tools and Techniques for Project Management
This pane clears float!
|Course Number:||PROJMGT 7060|
|Course Name:||Advanced Tools and Techniques for Project Management (Online)|
|Course Description:||A practical and tangible, yet systematic way, to plan and control projects through consistent use and application of a repository of project management tools and techniques focusing on the desirability of repeatable process. Tools and techniques include those for project initiation and portfolio management, planning, and implementation and closure, in the context of the importance of project management to the competitive strategy of the enterprise.|
|Prerequisites:||PROJMGT 7010 and PROJMGT 7020|
What you should be able to do after you complete this course:
- Establish a project portfolio management system
- Use various tools for project selection
- Recognize different stages of team development
- Apply stakeholder analysis techniques
- Apply Quality Function Deployment as a technique for requirements identification
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of critical chain project scheduling
- Establish an effective system for project reporting and reviews
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of configuration management
- Establish guidelines for use of earned value management
- Collect lessons learned and use them for subsequent projects
Changing Project Management Environment; Importance of Project Portfolio Management; Tools and Techniques for Project Portfolio Management; Stages of Team Development; and Behavioral Excellence
Initiation Tools and Techniques; Stakeholder Analysis; and Quality Function Deployment
Change-Resistant Scope Statement; Applying the Principles of the SWOT Analysis; Critical Chain Approach to Project Scheduling; and Parametric Estimating
Information Distribution; Summary Progress Reports; Project Review Meetings; and Earned Value Management
Value of Project Management; Closing Process; and Lessons Learned
Number of Exams: There are no exams for this course.
Number of Assignments: There are 5 papers and a profile assignment for this course.
Number of Projects: There are 5 group projects and 5 team evaluations for this course.
You will be graded in terms of individual participation, individual performance (assignments), group work and individual team evaluations.
There are weighted averages for the grades as follows:
Grading Policy: A = 95-100, B= 89-94, C=83-88
EXEMPLARY ABOVE AVERAGE ACCEPTABLE NEEDS IMPROVEMENT
A+ 99 to 100 B+ 93 to 94 C+ 87 to 88 D+ 81 to 82
A 97 to 98 B 91 to 92 C 85 to 86 D 79 to 80
A- 95 to 96 B- 89 to 90 C- 83 to 84 D- 77 to 78
Component %of Grade
Group Project 42
Individual Papers 48
This pane clears float!