BS Criminal Justice Graduation
This pane clears float!
To graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Platteville with the Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, you must:
- Earn a minimum of 120 semester credit hours of college or university credits.
- Complete the general education requirements.
- Complete the major requirements established for the criminal justice major (minimum of 5 core courses and 7 additional courses). At least 18 of the required credits in the major must be completed under the direction of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville faculty.
- Earn a grade of "C" or better in each core course before going on to the next.
- Successfully pass the departmental writing proficiency exam and complete English 1130 and English 1230 with grades of "C" or better before taking upper division criminal justice courses (courses numbered between 3000-4999).
- Take two courses recognized by the Criminal Justice Department as a supplement for the Bachelor of Science degree (this requirement can be partially fulfilled with the business minor.)
- Earn a minimum of 39 semester credit hours in upper-division coursework (courses numbered between 3000-4999.)
- Earn a minimum of 32 semester credit hours by direction and/or evaluation of UW-Platteville faculty.
- Complete 23 of the last 32 semester credit hours by direction and/or evaluation of the UW-Platteville faculty.
- Maintain a 2.00 minimum cumulative grade point average on a scale of 4.0 for all coursework.
- Meet all financial obligations to the UW-Platteville.
- At least six months before your anticipated graduation date, contact your advisor to request an Intent to Graduate form.
- Your advisor will initiate a preliminary graduation check.
- When you receive an Intent to Graduate form and billing statement for the $40 graduation fee, return your signed form and fee payment to the Distance Learning Center immediately. The Distance Learning Center will notify the Registrar’s Office that you are a candidate for graduation and your anticipated graduation date (May, August, or December.)
Approximately two months before graduation, you will receive information about the commencement ceremony, purchase of caps and gowns, ceremony tickets, and other graduation activities from the Distance Learning Center.
To purchase your cap, gown, and tassel, contact the University Bookstore at 608.342.1486.
You will receive your diploma by mail 8-10 weeks after your graduation is confirmed, providing all grades are posted and financial obligations are met.
This pane clears float!