This pane clears float!
|Course Number:||BUSADMIN 5540|
|Course Name:||Quality Management (Online)|
|Course Description:||Provides an understanding of the tools, language, and techniques used in the field of Quality Management (QM). The history of the quality movement, major tenets of the field, theorists and their philosophies, and the use of basic tools of Quality Management will be covered in this course. The course focus will be project-based in a team environment.|
When you finish this course, you should be able to:
- Recall the history of the quality management movement.
- Identify the major tenets of the field of quality.
- Use the numerous tools of quality management.
- Understand the techniques associated with the quality philosophy.
- Be aware of the unique vocabulary in the field of quality.
- Identify the major philosophers of quality management and explain their beliefs.
- Complete a team project in an efficient and effective manner.
- Understand the various ways in which the quality tools, techniques, and philosophies work together to bring about data-driven decisions.
- Use team roles and rules to strengthen the team process.
- Look at processes and problems from a systems perspective.
Total quality management (TQM) is an in-depth philosophy that a business uses to maximize its competitiveness through continual improvement of the quality of the business's products, services, people, processes, and environment. Quality management provides numerous methods, procedures, and tools.
Number of Exams: None
Number of Assignments: 5 individual assignments, 6 discussions and 4 graduate project assignments for this course.
Number of Projects: 10 content team and 9 project team assignments for this course.
Your final grade in this course will be determined by the instructor, fellow students, and you. In the spirit of quality philosophy, this 360-degree evaluation methodology results in input about your work from various sources, not just the instructor. The breakdown is as follows:
Team Project: 50%
Individual Assignments/Discussions: 10%
Content Team Assignments: 20%
Content Team Evaluation: 20%
- 55% of a student's grade is determined by how their team members view their contribution and participation.
- Graduate students are required to complete the work listed above and a graduate project. This project is worth 10% of a student's grade and the grade for the rest of the work is worth 90%.
- If student evaluations are not seen as valid based on the instructor's observations they may be overruled by the instructor.
This pane clears float!