This pane clears float!
Welcome to Dobson Hall
Dobson Hall, named after George R. Dobson and built in 1965, provides a living environment for men and women. Dobson is one of the larger residence halls on campus with approximately 320 residents and contains a music room that has a piano for student use. The hall is very active in hall and campus sponsored events. Each fall Dobson staff and residents host Trick or Treat, a safe Halloween event for the children and their families in the Platteville community. Over 300 families participate each year. During the spring semester, Dobson hosts Jail N Bail, an annual charity event, where students can "arrest" their friends and hall staff. The charities for the event are selected each year by the Dobson Hall Forum, the hall governance group.
From the Desk of the Resident Director
Hello Dobson Residents!
The end of the year is quickly approaching! With the end of the semester comes a lot of information for you to know:
• Welcome Crew applications are at the front desk and are due back by May 10th.
• Finals week is May 13th-17th and it is important for students to know when and where your finals are. 20-hour extensive quiet hours start May 11th at 1:00am and end May 17th at 6:00pm.
• If you rented a black metal loft at the beginning of the school year, the return date for those lofts is Thursday, May 9th from 9am-4pm in the parking lot that is between Morrow Hall and the baseball field.
• Your room needs to be cleaned and back to the original layout it was at the beginning of the school year. Your RA has further information on closing, so make sure to talk with them.
• You will need to officially checkout with your RA before leaving and the RA staff will be able to let you know what you’re expected to do before leaving for the summer.
• Dobson Hall locks its doors at 6:00pm on Friday, May 17th and officially closes at 11am on Saturday, May 18th. Anyone needing to stay after 6:00pm on May 17th needs to contact me in advance.
The end of the year can be a confusing and hectic time. Please talk with your RA if you have any questions. Dobson residents are responsible for seeking out the information for what they need to do to successfully checkout. More information can found on our Residence Life webpage.
Good luck on finals and have a wonderful summer!
Dobson Hall Resident Director
This pane clears float!