Gardner Hall

Gardner Hall

Clear Float

This pane clears float!

Originally constructed as a residence hall in 1961, Gardner Hall is now used as office space for math, biology, economics, geography, geology, history, political science, sociology, women’s and gender studies, ethnic studies, international studies, and social and environmental justice. The dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Education is also housed in this building.

The building is named after Bee A. Gardner, who served as school librarian from 1893–1937. Under her guidance, the library grew from a small, one-room, 3,500-volume library to a 30,000-volume complex. Gardner was a native of the Platteville area and an 1881 graduate of the Platteville Normal School.

Clear Float

This pane clears float!

Footer Anchor