NF Scholarships General
CSS to Hide Title
This pane clears float!
GENERAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS
The following NFS are for incoming freshman. The application deadline is February 1.
Alice Keegan Memorial Scholarship for Riverdale High School
- Recipient must have graduated from Riverdale High School, WI. First preference to Chemistry majors and second preference to Biology majors. Must a have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
American Bank & Trust - Wisconsin Community
- Awarded to new freshman from the following high schools: Cuba City, Hazel Green, Lancaster, Fennimore and Platteville. Must be in top half of graduating class and demonstrate financial need. Must have a 2.75 GPA or better during first semester and will be awarded during second semester of freshman year.
Bob and Lucille (Pomerening) Copas Scholarship
- Must be from Wauzeka-Steuben High School and preference given to incoming freshman. Must demonstrate financial need and a hard working student.
- Any freshman who has an appreciation for agriculture and displays outstanding leadership, excellence in academics and extra-curricular activities. Agriculture major not required, however, preference may be given to an agriculture major or person with rural background.
David & Judy French Scholarship
- Must be a Sheboygan County High School Student. Applicants must have demonstrated leadership and have at least a 2.75 GPA. Priority given to those who show financial need.
- Student must be pursuing a degree in one of the following: Biology with an emphasis in Ecology, Sustainable and Renewable Energy Systems or Reclamation, Environment, and Conservation. Must have a GPA of 2.3 or above.
Evelyn Johns Family Scholarship
- Must be a new freshman graduating from Platteville High School pursuing a degree in Biology or Engineering. Must demonstrate financial need.
- Incoming freshman who displays outstanding leadership, excels in academics and extra-curricular activities and has an appreciation for agriculture.
Floy Kies Smythe
- Recipient shall have an overall GPA of 3.0, participation in extracurricular activities and/or proven leadership experience is desired. Financial need is not a factor.
G. Gunderson Scholarship for Southwest Wisconsin
- Student must be from the following counties in WI: Crawford, Iowa, Grant, Green, Lafayette, Richland or Vernon and be pursuing a degree in one of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Fine Arts, Mathematics, Reclamation, Soil and Crop Science or Software Engineering.
Glenn and Florence Fritz Scholarship
- Must be a graduate from Fennimore High School. Preference given to students declaring a major in the College of EMS. Must demonstrate financial need.
Huff Family Scholarship for Dubuque Senior High
- Incoming freshman and a graduate of Dubuque Senior High School.
Huff Family Scholarship for Lancaster High School
- Incoming freshman and a graduate of Lancaster High School.
IIW Engineers & Surveyors Scholarship
- Must have declared a major in Civil Engineering or Building Construction Management. Must have graduated from a high school in one of the following counties: In Illinois: Carroll or JO Davies; In Iowa: Clayton, Delaware, Dubuque or Jackson; In Wisconsin: Grant, Iowa or Lafayette. Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Scholarship will be renewable for 4 years.
James N. Azim
- Graduate of any Grant County high schools. Academic achievement, community involvement and financial need are considered.
Jeff Moring Memorial Scholarship for Forreston HS
- Must be a graduate from Forreston (IL) High School. Preference given to students who have participated in extra-curricular activities during high school.
Jerry Gunderson Scholarship For Appleton West High School
- Must be an Appleton West High School graduate. Preference given to students pursuing a degree in the following majors: Biology, Reclamation, Environment and Conservation, Soil & Crop Science, Chemistry, Mathematics or Fine Arts.
Jerry Marty Scholarship
- New Freshman pursuing a degree in Building Construction Management or Civil Engineering with construction emphasis. Must be a Wisconsin resident with a preference given to students from Monroe (WI) High School. Must have a GPA of 3.0 or greater and demonstrate financial need.
Jordan C. and Dido Nash
- High school senior who intends to major in Education, Engineering, Agriculture or Chemistry. Must be from Sauk, Vernon, Juneau, Richland or Marathon County high schools.
Joseph and Kimberly Schmelz Scholarship
- Must be a new freshman who graduated from Southwestern (WI) High School or Potosi High School. Preference given to students whose parents graduated from UW-Platteville, involved in activities in high school or who plan to work to help support their education. Preference will be given to a student who has declared a major in either Media Studies or Reclamation.
Joyce Mueller Memorial Scholarship
- Student must be pursuing a degree in the medical field such as pre-med, medical technology or nursing. Must be in good academic standing and demonstrate financial need. Student must be from Southwest Wisconsin including the Galena, IL and Dubuque, IA areas.
- Preference given to students who have graduated from Southwestern (WI) High School. Preference shall be given to students who have declared a major in Biology, Business Construction Management or Education. Must have demonstrated leadership in academics or other extracurricular activities.
Kennedy Family Scholarship
- Preference given to incoming freshman graduating from La Farge, WI high school, or from the Richland County area. Must exhibit strong academic success, motivation and commitment with a GPA of 3.5-4.0. Must also provide a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or counselor.
Keri Pustina Memorial Scholarship
- A high school graduate from Iowa-Grant High School and has a GPA range from 2.0-3.5 and is involved in extra-curricular activities.
Kjell Oliversen Scholarship
- Must be a graduate of Madison East High School (Madison, WI) and meet the requirements for admission.
Leo E. & Phoebe W. Boebel Memorial Scholarship
- Student must have graduated from a high school in the one of the following counties in WI: Crawford, Grant, Iowa, Lafayette, Richland and Vernon. Must demonstrate financial need and academic excellence. Maybe renewable for four years.
Mick & Rhonda (Rice) Viney Milton High School Scholarship
- Must be a new freshman who graduated from Milton High School in Milton, WI. Recipient shall be a first-generation college student who has been involved in at least one of the following activities: music and community service.
Platteville Collision Center Scholarship for Platteville High School
- Must be a graduate from Platteville High School with a GPA between 2.5 and 3.25.
- Retirees for Excellence Scholarship
- Any Major; top 15% of graduating senior class with an ACT score of 25 or above.
Rita and Ralph Curtis Scholarship
- Must be graduate of Cuba City High School in Cuba City, WI. Preference given to students with GPA of 3.0 or higher, involved in extra-curricular activities and exhibits financial need.
Sentry Insurance Youth Leadership
- Top 15 percent; GPA 3.3; pursue degree in business administration, computer science, accounting, finance, or mathematics (actuarial science); high school leadership.
Taber Family Scholarship
- Must be either incoming or continuing student, resident of Grant County Wisconsin or a county contiguous to Grant County. Preference to military veterans (National Guard or the reserve). Need is not a factor.
- Recipient shall show scholastic achievement, participation in extracurricular activities and demonstrate character.
Ubersox Group Scholarship
- Must be a new freshman from the following high schools: Belmont, Cuba City, Darlington, Fennimore, Iowa-Grant, Lancaster, Mineral Point, Platteville, Shullsburg and Southwestern Preference is giving to students majoring in Business Administration, Education or Engineering.
UW-Platteville License Plate
- Current Wisconsin Resident (based on residency requirements for tuition); must show participation in extra-curricular activities; outstanding leadership ability; strong character; campus involvement and academic achievement.
Vandy "Butch" Bloyer Family Scholarship
- Must be a student from River Ridge High School, WI.
Woodward Communications, Inc.
- Must be from Illinois, Iowa or Wisconsin and demonstrate financial need. Must be pursuing a degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Communication Technologies, Computer Science, Fine Arts-graphic design or Comprehensive Business/Economics. Must be actively involved in the community.
Wunderlin Family Scholarship
- Student must be a senior at Platteville High School. Preference given to students declaring a major in the School of Engineering. If no engineering student in eligible, preference will be given to a Platteville High School senior majoring in the College of BILSA. Must be in the upper quarter of their class.
Zeta Beta Chi Chapter Scholarship
- Must be incoming freshman who demonstrates outstanding leadership qualities and has community involvement. Student must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher and agree to attend at least one rush event and introduce herself to the group. Scholarship will applied to Spring semester tuition bill.
The following NFS is for incoming freshman. The application deadline is March 1.
Alliant Energy Foundation Scholarship
- Must be a new freshman from a historically under-represented group with a declared major in one of the following areas: accounting, agriculture education, agri-business, business administration, communication technologies, computer science, engineering, occupational safety management or sustainable and renewable energy systems . Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and demonstrate financial need.
- View the Alliant Energy Scholarship Application
This pane clears float!
Scholarships by Date
- December 31: Priority date
- January 15: Apply and be admitted to UW-Platteville in order to receive NFS instructions
- February 1: Application deadline
- March 1: Application deadline
- March 1: All Chancellor Scholarship candidates will be notified of a decision
- March 15: Application deadline