CSS to Hide Title
This pane clears float!
STeM Scholars Program
The Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Scholars (STEM) Program is a five-year program funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) starting in Fall 2010. The program awards 10 renewable scholarships to incoming freshmen or transfer students of approximately $3,800, increasing the group to 40 students in years four and five.
Eligible students must:
- Select a major offered in the College of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Show financial need.
This program crosses STEM disciplines within the College of EMS by building a strong network through various group activities, including peer mentoring.
In order to apply for the STEM Scholars Program, you must first apply and be admitted into the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. The deadline for applications is March 15. Application and supporting documents must be postmarked March 15 to be considered.
Directions for filling out the application:*
- Complete STEM Scholars application and contract.
Submit a a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) report and attach a copy of the SAR (Student Aid Report). Each applicant must demonstrate financial need in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
- View the Process for filing Financial Aid for additional information on the FAFSA and receiving your SAR.
- Attach a copy of your HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT.
Contact two references to complete the following forms:
- Academic Reference: One reference familiar with your science, math, or technical abilities must complete the Academic Reference form. This may be a teacher, an employer, or any other person who has direct knowledge of your ability to handle science, math, or technology subjects.
- Character Reference: One reference familiar with your character must complete the Character Reference form. This may be a teacher, employer, supervisor from community activities, coach, or any other person who has direct knowledge of the traits described in the form. This should be a different person than the academic reference.
- Note: Before selecting references to complete each form, please review the questions on the forms to determine who the best person would be for each.
Submit application and supporting documents by the deadline: March 15
- STEM Scholars Application
- Copy of SAR
- Copy of High School Transcripts
- Character Reference Form
- Academic Reference Form
- STEM Scholars Contract
This pane clears float!
- December 31: Priority date
- January 15: Apply and be admitted to UW-Platteville in order to receive NFS instructions
- February 1: Application deadline
- March 1: Application deadline
- March 1: All Chancellor Scholarship candidates will be notified of a decision
- March 15: Application deadline