Section: ISSS


The M in Platteville, Wisconsin

Clear Float

This pane clears float!

If you plan to transfer from UW-Platteville to another U.S. school, you must notify UW-Platteville of your intent to transfer and to indicate the school to which you intend to transfer. Upon receipt of your completed Transfer Out Form, we will update your record in SEVIS as a "transfer out" and indicate the name of your transfer school and a transfer release date.

Transfer out procedures

• Plan ahead! Processing time for transferring a SEVIS record is 10 business days.
• Attach a photocopy of your admission letter from the school/college/university to which you are transferring.
• Attach a photocopy of your EAD card if you are currently on post-completion OPT, (NOTE: Your OPT will be cancelled on the release date that you have requested on this form.)
• Meet with the International Student and Scholar Advisor to discuss and submit this form and supporting materials.
• Contact the new school to see if they require a Transfer Verification Form or a Transfer Clearance Form.

Before You Request to Transfer Your SEVIS Record

Although you may be applying to multiple new schools, International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) may indicate only one transfer school in SEVIS. Also, your transfer release date will be the end of the current term, unless you can document your need for an earlier release date. If you have been authorized for post completion of OPT, you must be able to resume classes within 5 months of transferring out of the school that recommended OPT or the date of the OPT authorization ends, whichever is earlier.

Please note that your transfer school will not be able to issue you a new SEVIS Form I-20 until the transfer release date. Finally, if you decide to cancel your school transfer you must notify us before your transfer release date—once the transfer release date has been reached, UW-Platteville will no longer have access to your SEVIS record.

Before Leaving UW-Platteville

Before leaving UW-Platteville, please do the following:

  • Pay off your financial obligations to the university (Cashier’s office)
  • Cancel your health insurance (ISSS office)
  • Return your textbooks (Textbook Center)
  • Return your library books (Library)
  • Notify your department and/or academic advisor of your departure
  • If you live on campus, notify the Residence Life office that you will not be returning (Residence Life office) OR cancel sublet or re-assign your housing lease (if you live off-campus)
  • If you are a student and are registered for the next term, before the first day of that term, visit, write or fax the Registrar’s office to be dis-enrolled. (Registrar's office)
  • Cancel your meal plan, if you have already signed up for a meal plan for the current or upcoming semester (Dining Services)

Clear Float

This pane clears float!

Contact Us - Liz

Contact Us

International Student and Scholar Services Office
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1 University Plaza
Royce Hall
Platteville, WI 53818
Fax: 608.342.1736

Liz Kruse
Advisor, International Student and Scholar Services
Royce Hall 111B
Tel: 608.342.1852

Footer Anchor