This pane clears float!
There are two types of International Student Tuition Waivers available to international students on F-1 visas who apply:
• Academic Merit Tuition Waiver
• Campus Involvement Tuition Waiver
Up to $2,500 in tuition waivers can be earned by F-1 international students per semester. Students must reapply for the Campus Involvement Tuition Waiver at the end of each semester.
Academic Merit Tuition Waiver ($500-$1,500)
International students on F-1 visas at UW-Platteville are eligible to receive an Academic Merit Tuition Waiver based on their cumulative grade point average (GPA).
|Cumulative GPA||Amount Awarded|
Students who have received an international student tuition waiver for the current semester will automatically be considered for the Academic Merit tuition waiver in the upcoming semester; there is no need to reapply. International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) staff will verify your GPA in PASS.
If a student has not received an international student tuition waiver for the current semester and wishes to receive the Academic Merit Tuition Waiver in future semesters, the student must email firstname.lastname@example.org by the last day of classes of the semester to request to be considered for the Academic Merit Tuition Waiver for the subsequent term.
Only international students on an F-1 visa are eligible for this tuition waiver and may receive the waiver for a maximum of 8 semesters. Students must be in good academic standing and must have achieved at least a 2.0 term GPA in the most recent term completed.
Campus Involvement Tuition Waiver ($1,000)
International students wishing to earn a $1,000 tuition waiver for the next semester based on campus engagement and leadership must: 1) submit an essay outlining their involvement on campus and 2) volunteer at or participate in at least 3 programs or events (per semester) sponsored by the International Programs Office or the International Student Club.
Students must reapply for the Campus Involvement Tuition Waiver each semester. The application includes 1) an essay describing your campus involvement and leadership, and 2) completing the Campus Involvement Checklist which lists the International Programs-sponsored activities that students attended. Students must attend at least three of the events/activities/programs listed on the Campus Involvement Checklist and have it approved by ISSS office staff.
Please write a one-page, double-spaced essay describing your campus involvement and leadership this semester. Please include responses to the following questions in your essay:
• In what campus activities, events, clubs, or programs did you participate this semester?
• How did your participation in these programs enhance your experience at UW-Platteville?
• What did you learn from your participation in these on-campus activities?
In order to be eligible for the Campus Involvement tuition waiver for international students, students must also participate each semester in at least 3 of the programs, events, or leadership opportunities listed below:
- International Student Orientation Leader
- Global Amigos Program
- International Student Advisory Board
- Conversation Partner Program
- International Student Club Executive Board (E-board) Member
- International Student Advisory Board (ISAB) Member
- Present about your country/culture during International Education Week
- Plan an event for International Student Club (i.e. cooking night, potluck, movie night, etc.)
- Attend at least 3 International Student Club meetings
- International Student Club Homecoming Float Committee Member or Committee Leader
- International Night Dinner Volunteer (Spring semester only)
- International Market (Fall Semester Only)
- International Student Club Service Event
- International Student Club Fundraising Event
- Other event/activity approved by ISSS staff
Tracking Your Involvement
Each student is responsible for tracking his/her involvement on the “Campus Involvement Checklist” to receive “credit” for participating in or volunteering at an event or program listed above.
Along with the essay, Campus Involvement Timesheets must be handed in to the International Student & Scholar Services Office (Royce Hall 103/105) or emailed to email@example.com by the last day of classes each semester in order for students to be considered for a Campus Involvement Tuition Waiver for the next term.
Only international students on an F-1 visa are eligible for this tuition waiver and may receive the waiver for a maximum of 8 semesters. Students must also be in good academic standing to be eligible for the Campus Involvement tuition waiver.
This pane clears float!
International Student and Scholar Services Office
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818