About the Center for New Ventures
This pane clears float!
The Center for New Ventures at University of Wisconsin-Platteville serves as a liaison between corporations and the university, as the technology transfer and commercialization facilitator for the university, and as a major point of focus for entrepreneurship and funding from campus students and academic innovators. The Center also oversees UW-Platteville's Sponsored Programs and provides grant writing and administration support to the university.
The CNV launched in 2011 to further facilitate the leverage the intellectual capital and entrepreneurial spirit of our community into new businesses and employment in Southwest Wisconsin and beyond.
The Center has two primary functions: grant applications and economic development. Joined with the Office of Sponsored Programs, the Center is working to create new revenue streams for the university to continue meeting its educational mission. The dedicated staff, including expert grant writers and a Certified Economic Developer, is here to help the campus and local area.
Services we provide include:
- Market UW-Platteville’s community and resources to corporate partners and other institutions of higher education.
- Assist faculty and staff by identifying potential sources for sponsored research, consulting, student projects and more, so as to enable operational and financial sustainability
- Nurture connections between research efforts and market opportunities
- Assist in funding searches for both individual and project-specific opportunities
Provide access to online databases for faculty, staff and students, such as
- Grants.gov – a federal website for locating competitive grant opportunities
- Grant Resource Center – a grant search database of funding programs
- Notice of Funds Availability – announcements of federal Requests for Proposals
Resources and reference materials to assist novice and experienced grant writers alike, including
- Internal grant/funding opportunities
- UW System funding opportunities
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Proposal review to ensure compliance with federal, state, sponsor and university policy and regulations, as well as editorial comments and critique to give you the highest possible chance of success
- Proposal admission assistance
We look forward to working with the entire Platteville community as we work to make every day a great day to be a Pioneer.
This pane clears float!