This pane clears float!
WELCOME TO Pickard HALL
Pickard Hall, named after Josiah L. Pickard and built in 1969, houses approximately 169 men and 106 females and is located in “The Circle." Very popular with first year students, Pickard Hall provides a close community atmosphere for its residents. Starting in the fall of 2013, Pickard Hall will be hosting a First Year Experience Interest Community (To learn more about Interest Communities, click here).
The structure of Pickard is unique in that it has a center stairwell in addition to those at the east and west ends of the building. The study lounges and main lobby of Pickard were updated with new seating and tables in the spring of 2012. New mini fridges were placed in all of the student rooms in the spring of 2011 and spring of 2012
Pickard Hall sponsors an annual "Fright Fest" haunted house-type activity at Halloween as a charity fundraiser. This event is open not only to UW-Platteville students, but to community members as well. This year’s Fright Fest theme will be Horror Movies. Every spring the Resident Assistant staff host a Murder Mystery event during which the residents get to listen to a mock trial and decide the guilt or innocence of each member of the RA staff with prizes awarded to residents who guess correctly.
From the desk of the resident director
Hello Pickard Residents!
With the end of the semester upon us, there is a great deal of information that you should know:
- Welcome Crew applications are available at the front desk and need to be returned by May 10th. This is a great opportunity for you to meet new students as they move into the building and is a great way to get your foot in the door if you are interested in other leadership positions in the hall.
- All black metal rental lofts must be disassembled and returned on Thursday, May 9th, from 9am-4pm in the Morrow Hall parking lot.
- All homemade lofts must be disassembled by 1am on Sunday, May 12.
- Twenty hour quiet hours begin on Sunday, May 12 at 1am. Vacuuming will be allowed in the hall during relaxed quiet hours from 10am-12pm and 5pm-7pm.
- Your RA will have a signup sheet outside of their door where you can sign up for a time slot to get checked out of your room. You MUST check out with your RA. Please sign up for a checkout time at least 24 hours before you hope to check out.
- Your room must be dusted, vacuumed, cleaned, and set back to its original state before you will be allowed to check out.
- Pickard Hall will close at 6pm on Friday, May 17th. If you are unable to leave Pickard by this time, you must contact me in advance.
- The schedule for finals week can be find by clicking here.
As you can see, there are a number of things you need to do to prepare for the end of the school year. If you have further questions, please contact your RA. You can also find more information about closing by visiting the Department of Residence Life homepage.
Study hard for your finals and have a great end of the school year!
Pickard Hall Resident Director
This pane clears float!